Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What do you do when "The Man" comes calling?

Non-compliance with FCC Rules and Regulations can be a scary thing!  Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be as scary as some would want you to believe.  A case in point is this thing called narrow banding.  It may be a whole lot less complicated than you thought.
Before you pay a lot of money to someone to upgrade your license to narrow band, take a look at your license (If you don’t have or can’t find your license, give us a call at 205.854.2611).  Assuming you have and can find your license, you will see your frequency(s) listed along with an Emission Designator over on the left hand side.

If the Emission Designator is 20K3F3E, you are licensed for wide band (25 kHz) channel spacing.  If your Emission Designator is 11K2F3E, you are already licensed for narrow band (12.5 kHz).  In plain language, if the designator starts with a “20”, you need to change.  If it starts with an “11” You don’t.  If it says something else, call is at 205.854.2611 or click here for more information. Let’s work together to be sure than “The Man” doesn’t come to see YOU!