Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th Message

An 86 year old acquaintance was recently flown to Washington DC for a viewing of the National Memorial. All expenses were paid by local benefactors in Birmingham through the sponsorship of Honor Flight Birmingham (www.honorflightbirmingham.com). It was a very special day for some very special people.

This all started in Chicago through the efforts of a single individual wishing to honor her WWII veteran dad. The program is now national and it is one of the things that makes me thankful for the people who, through small acts, do big things to honor those who gave so much to keep this country free.

For a true human interest story, appropriate for this date, please go to http://honorflightchicago.org and click on the WGN-TV's HFC Special at the upper right hand side of the page. It is a VERY special program which we hope you will enjoy.

As for me, I think I have something in my eye.......

HAPPY JULY 4TH from all of us here at Falcon Direct!