Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tribute to a Policeman

I recently came across a posting on You Tube that I thought was worthy of sharing.  It is narrated by now deceased Paul Harvey, a radio news commentator with a career spanning over half a century.  This particular broadcast was a tribute to Okaloosa County (FL) Sheriff's Deputies Tony Forgione, Burt Lopez, and Skip York who died in the line of duty several years ago. 

The son of a policeman, Mr. Harvey understood, better than most, the sacrafices made by law enforcment officers and their families. He connected very well to those of us in the communications industry with an interest in building radios going back to his childhood.

As for me personally, I met Mr. Harvey back in the late 60's when I was involved in broadcast radio.  There has never been, nor ever will there be, another Paul Harvey. Click here for Mr. Harvey's commentary.  It will give you a new or renewed perspective and respect for those who give so much for so little.  I know it did for me!